Born in Cabaiguan, Las Villas, Cuba on January 29, 1944 My father, Jose Yanes Barreto, was the owner of Bauza Cigar factory, married to Maria Gervasia Diaz , was the third child of four of this matrimony.
Due to Castro’s dictatorship the family emigrated in the 1960 to Islas Canaries, later to Madrid, Spain and afterward to Caracas, Venezuela for 50 years. Currently I reside in Miami, Florida, USA since 2011.
Cabaiguan, Las Villas, Cuba
Cienfuegos, Las Villas, Cuba
Escuela de Artes Plasticas Cristobal Rojas
The President of Venezuela awarded in 1981 the Order of Francisco de Miranda for the art work honoring Simon Bolivar, bust and medallion.
2012 to Present:
American Flag Mural, American Flag pyramid, cubes, squares, abstracts and other miscellaneous art pieces of various sizes in ceramic
1969 to 2012
- Numerous sculptures in porcelain of Jose Marti, Simon Bolivar, Andres Bello and other Latin American Patriots.
- Several abstracts art pieces in porcelain.
- Various medallions in bronze of different sizes with Simon Bolivar’s image and other Patriots.
- Venezuelan country seal, Petare wall, Caracas, Venezuela, 5’ diameter in epoxy resin.
- Face profile of Simon Bolivar, Petare Wall, Caracas, Venezuela, 10’ high (2.60m) with 7 stars 3’ (90cm) in epoxy resin.
- Words of the Venezuelan National Anthem, Petare Wall, Caracas, Venezuela 6’ long in resin.
- Signature of Simon Bolivar, Petard wall, Caracas, Venezuela 8’ long in resin
- Christ of Petare sculpture, Caracas, Venezuela, 40’ (12m) high in reinforced concrete.
- Venezuelan flag sculpture in Macaracuay, Caracas, Venezuela, 13’ (4m) high in steel.
- Countless pieces of bust, seals, flags, coat of arms of various sizes of different countries in bronze, ceramic and steel.
- Numerous flower pots of different sizes and shapes in cement and ceramic.